Copyright © 2007 - 2021
Copyright © 2007 - 2021, Coachworks For contact data Click Here.
We are not a parts-house and do not ordinarily sell parts separately from our work. However, we do have some parts available, and we also sell complete engines and sometimes automobiles.
Note that this data is sometimes a little stale: Contact us for current information - we're engine builders, not web-site developers! And, be sure to check out Our Terms and Conditions.
NOTE, WE ARE DOING HEAVY WORK ON THIS WEB SITE RIGHT NOW!
There's a lot of information and images below. You can scroll down, or use these links.
If you came here to see some of our work, beyond the engines for sale below, try these links:
This list is sorted by Serial Number or, for un-numbered cases, aproximate production date. Click on the page links in the bullet items to jump to pages unique to each engine.
The story of each engine and lots of photographs are found on the web pages linked for each individual engine.
Pre-announced engines: Sometimes good timing permits a customer to get exactly what they want, so preannouncing gives that opportunity. All engines in this section are incomplete but are under-construction as of the latest update to this page. The web pages are likely even more incomplete! It takes TIME to build a competent web page, too!
- un-numbered, two-piece case 356 1500S type 528, 1953 casting
- un-numbered, two-piece case 356 1500 type 546, 1955 casting
- un-numbered, two-piece case, 356 1500 type 546, 1960 casting with Iskendarian 2-J camshaft
- 3277x, two-piece case 356 1500 type 546
- 70666x, 356 C engine type 616/15
- 73188x, 356 C engine type 616/15
- 81058x, 356 SC engine type 616/16, turn-key
- un-numbered, "KD" 356 SC engine type 616/16, entire case replaced in 912 era
- un-numbered, "KD" 356 SC engine type 616/16 with 356 era timing cover
- un-numbered, "KD" 356 SC engine type 616/16 with 912 era timing cover
Engines Ready for Pickup, Delivery, or Shipment
- 8873x - 1961 Type 616/2, 1600S - Turn-key, run-in
- 74596x - 1966 912 type 616/36 - Long-Block
- un-numbered case 1959 Okrasa - Turn-key, genuine Okrasa, new Iskendarian 2J cam, new carbs! Already run-in on dynamometer - makes 50% more power than stock.
There are several flywheels and clutches which can fit each of these engines, so be prepared to stated your intended application to ensure no disappointments.
We will convert any 912 engine (type 616/36) for 356 or VW use upon request.
Be Sure To See Some Engines of Our Past - It has only been in recent times that we have thought to create web pages for each engine, and most of the time we only do so for engines we build "on speculation" - that is, to sell outright right here on this page. It is now our practice to move items from here to the "Some Engines Of Our Past" page as an archive. Notably, these provide you with information about the work we do, how we do it, and also we have gotten many thank-yous for publishing examples for how this work is done correctly.
We have the following parts for sale:
- Transaxle nose cone, part 741.301.301.02. The piece is New Old Stock, never mounted on a transaxle. It's in great condition - a little dirt maybe, but no disappointments. (Seen in image at right.)
- Solex carburetor parts - nomenclature used here: 32 and 40 mean the 32mm and 40mm single barrel carburetors, respectively, and 40PII indicates the later dual-throated unit.
- emulsion tube carrier (30 & 40)
- accelerator pump control arm spring (all)
- accelerator pump diaphram spring (all)
- throttle shaft nuts (all)
- throttle shaft spacers (all)
- top gasket for 32mm bore (32)
- accelerator nozle gasket (32 & 40)
We are interested in a LOT of items.
Our primary areas of interest are the Porsche 356 and the '50's era Karmann Ghia, and coachbuilts like Rometsch and Denzel.
Here we're only putting out specific needs for specific projects. However, we are always looking for: early 356 parts, anything Denzel, Rometch, Okrasa, various literature and accessory items. If you have something on offer, let us know!
Our Terms and Conditions.